Are you obsessed with having the best-looking skin? Well, you’re not alone. There are millions of women all around the world, who are entirely fixated on the health, longevity and glow of their skin.
If you’re one of them, then you probably know about all the cleansers, moisturisers, masks, treatments and essential oils that are perfect for amplifying your complexion and getting rid of the problematic skin, but it doesn’t stop there.
It doesn’t cost a lot to take care of your skin. Many women go out and buy some of the most expensive products from the most lucrative brands, to be able to clear their skin and end up adding a lot to it that isn’t even needed.
What’s the Truth?
Healthy skin starts from the inside out, which means everything that enters your body influences your skin. So, the next time you’re purchasing that $300 moisturizer, along with a whole meal from shake shack, remember that what you put into your body, will surely reflect on the outside.
Meaning, cut the sugar, reduce the salt and consume a lot of water, antioxidant and nutrient-rich foods and say goodbye to bad habits. Yes, we’re talking about smoking, alcohol, only sleeping 4 hours at a time, the whole enchilada.
5 Drinks to Amplify Your Skin’s Health from the Inside Out
- Water – Now, you’ve probably heard this a million times, but there is nothing as good for your skin as consuming a ton of water. Not once a week, but daily. It is recommended by dermatologists to take a few sips of water every 45 minutes to keep your skin hydrated and leave it looking healthy. Plus, drinking an adequate amount of water daily also helps flush out toxins from your body, which also promotes more youthful skin.
- Green Tea – Yes, we know you hate the taste, but isn’t that the case with most things that are incredible for your health? Green tea is packed with all the antioxidants that are necessary to protect your skin against UV radiation, as well as all the chemicals and pesticides in products, the air and even your food. This powerful drink also reduces redness and in doing so, inflammation.
- Pomegranate Juice – Although known to be a bit more on the expensive side, pomegranates are great for consuming daily. It can either be eaten or consumed as a juice. It contains high levels of polyphenols, as well as your best friend, antioxidants and works towards nurturing fibroblasts in your skin, which is responsible for producing more collagen, allowing for all the longevity in the world. Drink up!
- Cucumber-infused Water – Why not drink water that contains more water than the water you pour into the water.
If that doesn’t make any sense at all, then you probably don’t know about the fact that cucumbers are made up of 90% water. It will hydrate your skin properly and contains minerals such as potassium and magnesium to aid in the alkaline pH of your skin, ultimately, decreasing inflammation.
- Green Juice – Green juice containing dark leafy greens, especially kale, has a lot of vitamins, which can keep your skin healthy and allow it to heal itself properly. It’s high levels of Vitamin A and C also promotes cell growth and helps to get rid of old, dull skin.